Doctorate in Applied Technology & Performance Improvement
Required Portfolio Materials
- Training Experience form completed
- Statement of Career Goals
Include short and long-term goals (1-2 pages)
- Statement of relevance of master's degree to your career goals
- Graduate Application from Toulouse School of Graduate Studies
Include transcripts and GRE Scores.
- Three letters of recommendation
Direct supervisor, previous faculty member or instructor; Letters may be sent directly to ATPI program (1 copy).
- Samples of previous written communication skills
This may include previous research, professional or course papers.
- Sample of current written communication skills
Typewritten responses to one of four questions on page two of this document.
- Statement of research interest
Explain your interest in research and the areas that you are interested in studying (1-2 pages).
- Contributions to doctoral program
Explain to the graduate faculty the unique knowledge and skills you will bring into the ATPI Doctoral program (1-2 pages).
Send To:University of North Texas
Department of Learning Technologies
ATTN: ATPI-PhD Program
3940 N. Elm, G 150
Denton, TX 76207
Electronic Submission is acceptable:
Applied Technology & Performance Improvement Doctoral Program Application Packet
Portfolio Materials Checklist
Please choose one of the four questions below to fully answer. Support your ideas with appropriate research literature and references. Use a 12pt. font, double-spacing, and APA 5th edition guidelines throughout. Your response should be three to five pages.
Training and Development
- List three significant trends that will influence the field training and development within the next seven years. Explain your reason for choosing these trends, and how these trends might affect your research and future career in this field.
- The field of training and development has transitioned from traditional models of classroom training to models of performance consulting. How would you advise a company to successfully make this transition?
Career and Technical Education
- List three significant trends that will influence the career and technical education field within the next seven years. Explain your reason for choosing these trends, and how these trends might affect your research and future career in this field.
- Discuss three strategies that a career and technical education teacher can use when teaching in a team-based classroom environment.