Courses and Schedules
See Courses and Schedules to view the courses offered for the Doctoral Program.
For the current schedule of classes, visit https://registrar.unt.edu/registration/schedule-of-classes#lis.
Information about session or semester registration may be found at https://registrar.unt.edu/registration/. If you have registration issues, contact the Registrar's Information Counter by calling 940-565-2111 or visiting Eagle Student Services Center (ESSC) Room 147.
To register for the program, complete the LT PhD Request form
Contact the departmental advising office (LT-PhD@unt.edu) if you require degree plan changes due to registration issues or have other problems the Registrar cannot help resolve.
Residential Course Availability
Residential courses are provided on a two-year course rotation with the exception of the research courses (e.g. 6510, 6511, 6512, and 6514), which are offered yearly. Courses are offered as supported by enrollments and may change as determined by the program.
|LTEC 6000 - Philosophy of Computing in Learning Technologies||O||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|LTEC 6010 - Theories of Instructional Technolog||E||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|LTEC 6020 - Advanced Instructional Design: Models and Strategies||—||—||—||O||—||—||—||—|
|LTEC 6030 - Emerging Technologies and Education||E||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|LTEC 6040 - Theory and Practice of Distributed Learning||—||—||—||E||—||—||—||—|
|LTEC 6121 - Leadership Development in Applied Technology and Training||—||—||—||X||—||—||—||—|
|LTEC 6200 - Message Design in Learning Technologies||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||X|
|LTEC 6210 - Theory of Design of Internative Multimedia Systems||O||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|LTEC 6220 - Theory of Learning Technology Implementation||—||—||—||O||—||—||—||—|
|LTEC 6230 - Advanced Production Design for Learning Technologies||E||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|LTEC 6240 - Articial Intelligence Applications||—||—||—||—||—||—||X||—|
|LTEC 6250 - Learning Technology Systems Design and Management||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||X|
|LTEC 6260 - Creating Technology-Based Learning Environments||—||—||—||E||—||—||—||—|
|LTEC 6270 - Developing Funding Opportunities in Learning Technologies||—||—||—||O||—||—||—||—|
|LTEC 6280 - Project Planning and Evaluation in Educational Technology||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|LTEC 6480 - Research Seminar||—||—||—||X||—||—||—||—|
|LTEC 6510 - Introduction to Research in Learning Technologies||X||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|LTEC 6511 - Analysis of Research in Learning Technologies||—||—||—||—||X|
|LTEC 6512 - Analysis of Qualitative Research in Learning Technologies||—||—||—||-||—||—||—||—|
|LTEC 6514 - Seminar on Advanced Research Topics in Learning Technologies and Information Sciences||X||—||—||—||—||—||—||X|
|LTEC 6515 - Advanced Research: Scaling Methods||O||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|LTEC 6516 - Advanced Research: Computer Mediated Discourse Analysis||O||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|LTEC 6700 - Practicum/Internship||—||—||—||—||—||—||—||X|
|LTEC 6701 - Practicum, Field Problems, or Internship||X||—||—||X||—||—||—||—|
|LTEC 6800 - Special Topics in Learning Technologies||E||—||—||—||—||—||—||—|
|LTEC 6900 - Special Problems in Learning Technologies||X||—||—||X||—||—||—||X|
|LTEC 6910 - Special Problems in Learning Technologies||X||—||—||X||—||—||—||X|
|LTEC 6950 Doctoral Dissertation||X||—||—||X||—||—||—||X|
X = Offered every year
E = Offered every even year
O = Offered every odd year
Distributed Course Rotation
Distributed courses are offered in a specific sequence of course and events for each cohort. Courses are offered as supported by enrollments and may change as determined by the program.
Note: Students must meet with their major professor before Summer to see if they must take Tools Courses
For students whose cohort started in the Summer, click below to view
For students whose cohort started in the Fall, click below to view
Students must file a degree plan within the first 12 hours of course work and after admission to the program. Once filed with the Graduate School, an electronic copy of your approved degree plan will be emailed to you for documentation and reference purposes. Any deviations from your approved degree plan will require an official degree plan change.Contact your major advisor or LT-PHD@unt.edu if you have questions or need assistance with filing your degree plan.
Students should visit http://financialaid.unt.edu/ for details on Financial Aid and the application process.
- Instructure Canvas is the official learning management system (LMS), however, it may not be the only one you encounter in Learning Technologies. Because part of our purview as a department is learning about, using, and studying a variety learning management systems, you may have courses in different systems ranging from Moodle to Schoology over the course of your time in the program.
- The link for you to access Canvas is https://unt.instructure.com and your courses should automatically populate as your instructors make them active. You will login with your EUID and password.
- Coursework will often be submitted through Canvas, though some instructors will ask you to send by email or through another system.
- There is a Guide and Help built into the left-hand menu within Canvas for everyday questions. If you need additional help, first email UNT’s Center for Learning, Experimentation, Application, and Research (CLEAR) at email@example.com or call 940-565-2708. If you are still stuck, contact your instructor.
- If you have questions about your degree plan, courses are canceled and you need to substitute for a semester, issues the Registrar cannot address, or other major challenges that require advising, please contact your major advisor or LT-PHD@unt.edu if you have questions or need assistance.
- Always contact your instructor and try to resolve course issues with them first.
- We cannot address course content or requirements.
- If you require an Incomplete due to medical or other serious issues, always start with your instructor who should request it. You will need to fill out a form and have it signed by the appropriate parties.
- If you are about to Graduate you need to apply and meet specific deadlines.
- Information about Graduation deadlines, application, regalia, and other matters can be found here: https://registrar.unt.edu/graduation-and-diplomas/information-for-graduates
- Doctoral students have a Commencement ceremony with the Master's graduates that is separate from that of undergraduates.
- Information about UNT’s Commencement can be found here: https://commencement.unt.edu
- Updated information about Commencement that may be specific to the College of Information may be found here: https://ci.unt.edu/graduation