Graduate Academic Certificate in Instructional Design & Technology
Priority deadline for Spring 2024 and Fall 2024 is December 31st, 2023. Applications for these start terms are currently open.
The Summer 2024 term is not available for new applicants.
To update your application (changing semesters or majors), visit this link and choose the correct form.
The application process is a two-step process that requires admission to the Toulouse Graduate School and the Department of Learning Technologies.
Step 1. Apply to UNT's Toulouse Graduate School
- Application: Complete the UNT Toulouse Graduate School (TGS) application through ApplyTexas and pay the application fee ($75.00), if you meet the minimum requirements for admission. International students must review the International Admissions page for additional required documents.
- Transcripts: Submit official transcripts from all colleges attended. TGS will review transcripts to verify minimum GPA requirements of 3.0 on the last 60 hours of a bachelor's degree, a 3.0 cumulative undergraduate GPA, or a 3.5 GPA on a completed master's degree. Transcripts are processed by TGS only.
If you are admitted into the university, TGS will send you an email and pin number to check online at my.unt.edu. Activate your EUID with the pin number and click on "Admissions Status" to proceed to Step 2 of the application process. Note: You must be admitted to TGS before enrolling in the LT MS program.
Step 2. Apply to the UNT College of Information's Department of Learning Technologies
Upload the following documents to your MyUNT portal (files submitted must be in PDF format):
- Resume or curriculum vitae including your previous work and/or educational experiences.
The MyUNT portal will show the status of your uploaded documents once they are received and processed by the department. Students who are awarded the Instructional Design & Technology GAC and later apply for admission to the MS in Learning Technologies program will be required to submit additional materials needed for admission to the MS program.
Once you have been accepted:
- Accept your admission: Log into your MyUNT portal and click on the "Accept" link in your Student Center.
- Advising: Schedule an appointment with an advisor to choose courses.
- Register: All registration and tuition payments at UNT is done via your MyUNT portal.
Once you complete all your GAC-INDT coursework, please submit the Request for Graduate Academic Certificate of Completion Form to receive your certificate.
Note: If you are a current student in the Department of Learning Technologies and you are applying for the GAC-INDT, please complete the Application for Concurrent Graduate Academic Certificate Programs so the certificate is recorded on your transcript. If you do not complete the form before your graduating semester, the Toulouse Graduate School will not accept your request for the certificate.
ScrappySays.unt.edu (Call, Send a message, or Chat)
Have questions about LT courses and MS tracks?: Talk to an advisor about our program at our monthly "Ask an Advisor" session on the second Tuesday of this month!